SHIFTING MINDSET SESSION II
THE FUTURE OF VIRTUAL REALITY.
The future of Virtual Reality (VR) has arrived already and is gradually moving beyond its gadget stage.
With the introduction Virtual reality headsets the access to immersive learning and simulation experiences has been widely opened.
It looks likely that by 2020 computer systems will deliver convincing immersive reasonably reliable virtual reality and won’t cost more than a big screen television. In this second shifting mindset session we will explore the potential of this new technology in the world of work and more in particular apply a VR perspective to our own training Centre.
The session started with shifting mindset ‘what if? questions:
- What if this fully immersive visual-auditory experiences can replace the real thing?
- What if we start to have problems to distinguish what is real and what is virtual?
- What if articial intelligence is more powerful than our own intelligence?
- What if virtual reality changes people’s lives?
- What does it mean to live in a virtual future?
- What if you can experience a friend’s wedding in Australia?
- What if avatars are human? (remember Siri?)
- What if virtual reality could change human consciousness?
BASED ON THESE QUESTIONS THE SESSION EXPLORED THE POTENTIAL OF VR FOR SOCIETY, EDUCATION, INDUSTRY, ART AND ENTERTAINMENT.
JOINTLY WITH A GROUP OF EXPERTS PEOPLE HAD A VR EXPERIENCE USING ONE VIRTUAL HEADSETS AVAILABLE DURING THE SESSION.
INTRODUCING THE GEAR VR
Gear VR is compatible with the Samsung GALAXY agship smartphones.
Just snap your phone into the Gear VR and you’re in virtual reality.
INTRODUCING THE OCULUS RIFT
Rift is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Whether you’re stepping into your favorite game, watching an immersive VR movie, jumping to a destination on the other side of the world, or just spending time with friends in VR, you’ll feel like you’re really there.
INTRODUCING THE Virtual Reality CARDBOARD
VR Cardboard brings immersive experiences to everyone in a simple and affordable way. Whether you fold your own or buy,
you’re just one step away from experiencing virtual reality on your smartphone.
A Look to the Future, Mixed reality:
is the merging of real and virtual world to produce new environments and visualizations where physical and digital objects co-exist and interact in real time.